Children's Hospitals Photo Exhibit
The biennial Children's Hospitals Photo Exhibit serves as a powerful reminder to viewers that all children need children's hospitals. The images that make up exhibit portray the important work children's hospitals perform every day. These photos put a face on children's hospitals and showcase the patients, families and health care providers who care for kids. Photos are judged for their high quality and ability to capture the mission of children's hospitals.
Submit your photos
We are now accepting submissions for the 2015-16 exhibit in the fall of 2014. All photos and applications will be submitted online by December 1. Photos selected for the exhibit are:
- Displayed annually in the Rotunda of the Senate Building on Capitol Hill and other appropriate external venues for public relations and educational purposes.
- Leased as an exhibit by children's hospitals across the nation, where the photos are used in public relations, fundraising, education and outreach efforts and events.
- Spotlighted in Association publications and website, displayed at national conferences and featured in external and internal collateral materials, such as advertising and advocacy campaigns.
Selected photos will premiere on Capitol Hill in conjunction with the Association's Speak Now for Kids Family Advocacy Day, June 17-18, 2015, and will receive public relations and visibility support from the Association. View news coverage of the exhibit.
- Lily Francesca Alt, Photo Director, Parents Magazine, New York, NY
- Sharon Farmer, The Exposure Group African American Photographers Association, former Chief White House photographer under the Clinton administration and photo editor, Associated Press, Washington, D.C.
- Bill Gentile, Professor of Film and Media Arts, American University, Washington, D.C., and former Newsweek photographer
- Kim Sajet, Director, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, D.C.
- Karen Wolfson, Children's Hospital Association Board member, Trustee, Wolfson Children's Hospital and retired professor, Jacksonville, FL
New this year
- Electronic submission. No need to send hard copies via mail.
- Stories behind the photo. Share your photo's backstory in the submission. Select stories will be incorporated into the exhibit. View a sample.
- Educational components will be incorporated into the exhibit and will reinforce the idea that children's hospitals provide advanced care and are one of a kind.
- Images. Winning photos will be reproduced as larger prints on 1/4-inch flat boards'no mattes or frames needed.
- Suggested photo categories. Send us photos depicting:
- Clinical care
- Teaching and training
- Child health advocacy
Asher Ray's Story
Asher Ray is the subject of one of the award winning photos in the 2013 exhibit. When Asher was 3 years old, she was diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma, a rare disease in which cancer cells are found in the bone or soft tissue. Read Asher Ray's story.
Read more stories from the Photo Exhibit:
- Brandon's story
- Juliana's story
- Breanna's Story
- Katie's Story
- Jamie's Story
- Fox 5 News coverage of Photo Exhibit on Capitol Hill
Member hospitals may lease the photo exhibit. Updated leasing information will be available soon.
Contact Vikki Sara at (202) 753-5357 with questions.