2012 State Legislative Action on Children’s Health Care: Year-end Fact Sheets
The 2012 Children's Hospital Association Year-end State Legislative Fact Sheets summarize trends in state legislation enacted between January 1 and December 31, 2012, that affect children’s health care coverage and access, particularly under Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). These fact sheets provide an update to the Association’s mid-year fact sheets that were released in August 2012.
Trends identified in these fact sheets include:
- a state focus on reforming their Medicaid programs, including through the use of Accountable Care Organizations
- efforts to enhance benefits for children covered by Medicaid and CHIP
- the continued use of provider assessments to finance states' share of Medicaid
- the pursuit of quality initiatives to improve care for Medicaid and CHIP beneficiaries while reducing program costs
- a transition to new Medicaid reimbursement methodologies
The year-end fact sheets also offer insights into the potential direction of state legislative action in 2013.
These fact sheets are intended to illustrate trends in enacted state legislation that impact children’s health care and children’s hospitals. The information provided in these documents does not reflect all state policy actions on a selected issue.
- Reimbursement for Medicaid Providers (PDF)
- Health Care Coverage (PDF)
- Medicaid/CHIP Financing (PDF)
- Initiatives to Improve Health Care Quality (PDF)
- Medicaid/CHIP Benefits and Cost Sharing (PDF)
- Medicaid Managed Care (PDF)
- Other Health Care Legislation of Interest to Children's Hospitals (PDF)
If you have any questions about the information provided in this
report or need assistance navigating Medicaid/CHIP policies in your
state, please contact Jan Kaplan at
703-797-6084, or Aimee
Ossman at 703-797-6023.